Legislation was passed on 7th March setting out a number of changes to border and immigration fees. Most of these changes will come into effect from 29 March 2019; with changes to the EU Settlement Scheme from 30 March 2019; the fee exception for Afghan Locally Employed Staff from 06 April 2019 and Border Force above-basic services and Fast Track from 01 July 2019.
Nearly all applications for individuals seeking to visit, work or study in the UK are now made online and the application fee if payable online at time of submitting the application.
- Increased fee for the 6 Month Short Term Visit Visa from £93 to £95.
- Increased fee on 2, 5 and 10 Year Long Term Visit Visas.
- from £350 to £361 for the 2-year visa;
- from £636 to £655 for the 5-year visa; and
- from £798 to £822 for the 10-year visa
- Increased fee for Academic Visitor and Private Medical Treatment visas from £186 to £190
- Increased fee for overseas optional Priority Visa – Non-Settlement service to £220
- Increase fees for Priority Services:
- The in-country Super Priority fee from £610 to £800;
- The in-country Priority service from £477 to £500;
- The out-of-country Priority Visa (General) service fee from £212 to £220
Fees for entry clearance to enter the bailiwicks of Jersey and Guernsey, and the Isle of Man, as a visitor, and for the priority visa service, will rise in-line with the same fees charged for applicants coming to the UK.
- Increased fee for Electronic Visa Waiver fee from £15 to £30
- Increased fee for Border Force Fast Track service at Heathrow Terminals 2,3 and 4 from £3.90 to £5.20
- The Border Force Hourly Rate for “above-basic services” will continue to be charged at the current fee of £53.08 until the end of June, after which two new fees will take effect to provide distinction between services offered. A fee of £57.33 has been set to reflect administrative functions provided, including services to other government departments; whilst another fee of £77.40 has been set to reflect the increased premium nature of commercial based services.
- New fees for the “Innovator” and “Start-Up” routes replacing Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur), and transitional arrangements for these legacy routes. The new fees are at the same level as for the Tier 1 routes they replace.
- New fee of £244 for entry clearance to enter the Bailiwick of Jersey under their new Temporary Seasonal Work Permit arrangements. The fee is the same as that which will be charged under Tier 5 in the UK, for the Seasonal Agricultural Workers Pilot.
There are no planned changes to fees under the sponsorship system, which have been held since the last change in April 2015. All other fees are being held at the current rate.
If you have any questions or wish to discuss your immigration matter, we can offer you a free Consultation. Contact us now.
About Elm Rose Consultancy: Elm Rose is regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (reg no. F201100210). Providing Level 3 UK Immigration services (highest level permitted by the OISC), Elm Rose Consultancy deals with all areas of immigration to the UK including European law, Visit visas, Points Based System, Indefinite Leave to Remain, Citizenship, Human Rights and Appeals. Elm Rose Consultancy is recognised as an expert in Immigration Law and is proud to be a Member of the Law Society ’s Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme. The services provided are second to none. For more information, visit: elm-rose.com