NOTE: YOU CAN NO LONGER APPLY FOR A TIER 1 (ENTREPRENEUR) VISA.
You can apply only in certain circumstances.
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) is a category for non-European migrants who want to invest in the UK by setting up or taking over, and being actively involved in the running of, a business or businesses in the UK.
The category is part of the Points Based System and as such, you must score 95 points for both initial and extension applications. Below we have provided brief guidelines on how to qualify for initial applications.
25 points –
– You have to have access to at least £200,000; 0r
– You have access to at least £50,000 from:
- 1 or more registered venture capital firms regulated by the Financial Services Authority;
- 1 or more UK entrepreneurial seed funding competitions listed as endorsed on the UK Trade and Investment website, or
- 1 or more UK government departments, which have made the funds available for the specific purpose of establishing or expanding a UK business.
25 points – These funds are held in 1 or more regulated financial institutions.
25 points – These funds are disposable in the UK.
10 points – You can speak English to the required standard.
10 points – You have enough money to support yourself whilst in the UK.
Points for extension applications are based on similar grounds with some additions.
Are you interested in this category? Want to know how we can help you in obtaining the visa? Why not contact us today.