This route provides a fantastic opportunity for highly skilled individuals in the fields of science, humanties, engineering, the arts, and digital technology, who will enrich the UK’s knowledge, economy and society. It allows working without need for futher authorisation and the possibility for fast-track settlement.
2-stage application process:
Stage 1 assesses your skills, abilities and achievements and enables the Designated Competent Bodies to decide whether you should be endorsed to progress your application. An application is submitted online with supporting documents sent to the UK for consideration.
Note that you can be endorsed as either a leader (exceptional talent) or emerging leader (exceptional promise). This only affects how long you need to wait until you can apply for settlement (see below for details).
The recognised Designated Competent Bodies are:
– Arts Council England – for arts, culture, fashion, architecture, film and television applications;
– The British Academy – for humanities and social science applications;
– The Royal Society – for natural sciences and medical science research applications;
– The Royal Academy of Engineering – for engineering applications;
– Tech Nation – for digital technology applications.
At stage 2, if you are granted an endorsement by a Designated Competent Body, you will receive an email from the Home Office with a copy of your endorsement letter. You must then apply to the UKVI for Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) leave to remain or enter.
A Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa holder can:
– Work without requiring sponsorship;
– Change employers without further authorisation;
– Be self-employed without further authorisation.
You can choose how much leave to apply for, up to a maximum of 5 years (5 years and 4 months if Entry Clearance), in each grant.
The qualifying period for settlement depends on whether you are granted under the Exceptional Talent (3 years) or Exceptional Promise (5 years) category.
Are you interested in applying for a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa? We have assisted applicants successfully and would be pleased to assist you also. Contact us no or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org