You can come to the UK as a Sports visitor if you are a sportsperson who wants to:
- take part in a specific event, tournament, or series of events (including charity events and exhibition matches) as an individual competitor or a member of an overseas team; or
- join an amateur team as an amateur sportsperson (provided you receive no payment except for travel and other expenses);
- make a personal appearance or take part in a promotion such as a book signing or television interview;
- negotiate a contract or discuss a sponsorship deal;
- take part in a trial (which must not be in front of an audience, either paying or non-paying);
- do a short period of training, as an individual or as part of a team.
You can also come to the UK as a Sports visitor if you are:
- a member of the technical or support staff of amateur or professional sportspeople, and you are attending the UK with them for the same event or series of events; or
- an official attending a sporting event or series of events as, for example, an umpire.
Find out if you are eligible to apply under this category. Make use of our free initial assessment now and get accurate advice from our highly trained expert Consultants.