You may be able to come to the UK as a business visitor if you are one of the following:

  • Film crew – You must be an actor, producer, director or technician who is on a location shoot only, and employed or paid by an overseas company or programme.
  • Representative of overseas news media – You must be employed or paid by an overseas company and be gathering information for an overseas publication.
  • Academic visitor
  • Visiting professor accompanying students on a study abroad programme – You must be a professor/teacher from an overseas academic institution.
  • Religious worker – You can come to the UK for a business visit (for example, to attend a conference) and undertake some preaching or pastoral work during your visit.
  • Adviser, consultant, trainer or trouble shooter – You must be employed abroad by the company to which the client firm in the UK belongs, but this must not amount to employment for the UK firm.
  • Person undertaking specific, one-off training
  • Secondee from an overseas company 
  • Doctor undertaking a clinical attachment, or dentist undertaking a clinical observer post
  • Doctor taking the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test
  • Other business persons – You can also apply to come to the UK as a business visitor if you intend to carry out certain ‘permitted activities’ here.

To find out more, contact us today.