You may be able to come to the UK as a business visitor if you are one of the following:
- Film crew - You must be an actor, producer, director or technician who is on a location shoot only, and employed or paid by an overseas company or programme.
- Representative of overseas news media - You must be employed or paid by an overseas company and be gathering information for an overseas publication.
- Academic visitor
- Visiting professor accompanying students on a study abroad programme - You must be a professor/teacher from an overseas academic institution.
- Religious worker - You can come to the UK for a business visit (for example, to attend a conference) and undertake some preaching or pastoral work during your visit.
- Adviser, consultant, trainer or trouble shooter - You must be employed abroad by the company to which the client firm in the UK belongs, but this must not amount to employment for the UK firm.
- Person undertaking specific, one-off training
- Secondee from an overseas company
- Doctor undertaking a clinical attachment, or dentist undertaking a clinical observer post
- Doctor taking the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test
- Other business persons - You can also apply to come to the UK as a business visitor if you intend to carry out certain ‘permitted activities’ here.
To find out more, contact us today.